Ingredients for Chicken Noodles:
– Boneless chicken, cut into thin 2” strips- 250 gms
To be marinated with:
– Salt-1/4 tsp
– Pepper powder- 1/4 tsp
– Soy sauce- 1 tsp
– Vinegar- 1 tsp
– Baking soda- 1/4 tsp
– Noodles, 150 gms pack , sufficient for 2 persons
– Garlic, fine sliced- 5 cloves
– Spring onion/scallions, whites- 2 tbsp
– Spring onion/scallions, greens- 2 tbsp
– Shredded cabbage- 1 cup
– Carrots, fine sliced(like sticks)-1 cup
– Green peppers/Capsicum, fine sliced- 1 cup
– Soy sauce- 1 tsp
– Vinegar- 1/2 tsp
– Green Chilli Sauce- 2 tsp
– Red Chilli Sauce- 1 tsp
– Salt & pepper to season
– Fine slice the garlic cloves, carrots, green peppers and shred the cabbage.
– Chop the white and green portion of spring onions/scallions.
To boil the noodles, follow the instructions on the packet.
– For 150 gm noodles, heat 1.5 litres of water in a pan on high heat till it comes to a boil.
– Add the noodles and stir it lightly for it to open up.
– Boil it for 2-3 mins, should not be soft but “al dente”.
– Drain it in a colander and wash it with cold water to stop the cooking.
– Add 1 tsp of oil and mix it well to coat the boiled noodles so that they don’t stick.
– Set it aside.
– Heat 1.5 tbsp oil in a wok.
– Add the sliced garlic and give it a stir.
– Now add the marinated chicken strips and fry on high heat for 3-4 mins till cooked & evenly browned.
– Add the chopped spring onion whites, mix and give a stir for 15 secs.
– Add the carrot slices, mix and sauté on high heat for 30 secs.
– Now add the shredded cabbage & the green peppers, mix and sauté for 1 min on high heat.
– Now add the boiled noodles and toss it with the chicken and veggies to combine everything.
– Add the sauces and mix it well.
– Lastly garnish with spring onion greens, give a mix & serve hot.
#chickennoodles #chickenchowmein #chickenfriednoodles #chickennoodlesrecipe #bestchowmein #chinesenoodles #spiceeats #spiceeatsrecipes #chowmeinrecipe