Need an elegant appetizer recipe that’s easy to make and won’t break the bank? Lauren Chattman from Pillsbury shows us how to make two different variations of pinwheel appetizers – one with Mediterranean flavors and another with good ole’ bacon and cheddar cheese.
Appetizer recipes: How to make Mediterranean pinwheel appetizers
Mediterranean Crescent Pinwheel Appetizers Recipe
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Separate dough into 4 rectangles; place on lightly floured surface. Firmly press perforations to seal. Press or roll each to form 8×5-inch rectangle.
2. Arrange 1/4 of prosciutto slices over each rectangle. In small bowl, combine cheese, pepper and oil; mix well. Sprinkle mixture over prosciutto on each rectangle. Sprinkle with basil.
3. Starting at short side of each rectangle, roll up; seal long edges. With serrated knife, cut each roll into 5 slices. Place cut side up on sprayed cookie sheets.
4. Bake at 375°F. for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheets. Serve warm.
Bacon-Cheddar Pinwheel Appetizers Recipe
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Unroll dough and separate into 2 long rectangles; press each into 12×4-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal.
2. Spread dressing over each rectangle to edges. Sprinkle each with bacon, cheese and onions.
3. Starting with one short side, roll up each rectangle; press edge to seal. With serrated knife, cut each roll into 8 slices; place cut side down on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 12 to 17 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.
More Howdini Appetizer Recipe Videos
How to make Thai pizza appetizers
How to make sweet and sour shrimp puff appetizers
How to make onion tartlet appetizers