Ingredients for Special Masala Chicken:
– Chicken, medium sized pieces with bones- 500 gms
– Salt- 1 tsp
– Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
Make a paste of:
– Almonds- 8
– Green cardamom- 3
– Cloves- 3
– Cinnamon- 2 small
– Khuskhus (Poppy seeds)- 1/2 tbsp
– Dry red chillies- 4
– Ginger chopped- 1” piece
– Garlic cloves- 6-7
– Sliced onions, fried golden and crushed in a blender- 2 medium onions
– Tomatoes sliced- 2 small (100 gms)
– Coriander powder- 2 tsp
– Garam masala powder- 1/2 tsp
– Refined oil- 4 tbsp
– Clean, wash & keep the chicken pieces in a colander for the water to drain.
– Roast the items indicated in a pan on low heat for 3 mins, remove and set aside to cool.
– Grind/blend it into a paste after adding ginger and garlic too.
– Fry the sliced onions, set aside to cool and crush in a grinder/blender.
– Slice the tomatoes and keep aside.
– Heat 4 tbsp oil in a pan or kadai.
– Add the chicken pieces, give a stir and fry on high heat for 3 mins till the chicken pieces change colour. The chicken pieces will release water so allow that to dry up too.
– Now add 1 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and continue to fry on high heat for another 3 mins.
– Add the blended paste, mix & fry on medium heat for 5 mins.
– Next add the coriander powder, mix & continue to bhunno on medium heat for 2-3 mins till masala coats the chicken pieces & oil separates.
– Add the sliced tomatoes, mix well & fry on medium heat for 2 minutes & then cook covered on low heat for 5 mins till tomatoes are soft. Open the cover & stir once in between.
– Add the crushed/powdered fried onions, mix and bhunno/simmer for another 2 mins on medium to low heat till oil separates.
– Add 250 ml water & 1/2 tsp garam masala powder, mix and cook covered on low heat for 15 mins till chicken is tender.
#specialmasalachicken #hyderabadimasalachicken #chickenmasala #masalachicken #chickencurry #hyderabadichicken #spiceeats #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeatschicken