***TO LEARN HOW TO MAKE TACO TRUCK STYLE MINI TACOS CHECK OUT MY NEW VIDEO! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz6M6tXeW6E&t=8s ***
Serving size: 3-4 people
-1 lb of ground beef
-2 tablespoons of butter (estimated)
-3 tablespoons of olive oil (estimated)
-1 medium Russet potato or 2 white potatoes
-Half of a Tablespoon of garlic salt (estimated – add more or less if preferred)
-1 teaspoon of ground cumin
-Half a teaspoon of tomato bouillon (optional but recommended)
-2 large roma tomatoes (quartered)
-1 to 2 Serrano peppers chopped (depending on amount of heat desired)
-1 clove of minced garlic
-1/4 of a white onion (minced)
-1/4 cup of water
-Salt & pepper
– Rinse potatoes and peel completely. Cut into medium size cubes, about the same size to cook evenly.
– In a medium size pan, heat about 2 tablespoons of butter over medium low heat.
– Add potatoes to pan, season with salt and pepper and cover to cook for about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
– After about 15 minutes, turn heat up to medium high and cook potatoes for additional 5 minutes or until golden brown (uncovered), set aside.
– Rinse tomatoes and serrano peppers, briefly chop peppers and quarter the tomatoes. Add tomatoes, peppers, 1/4 of water, and 1/2 of a teaspoon of salt to the blender and blend until smooth.
– Mince one clove of garlic and 1/4 of an onion, set aside.
– In a large pan heat about 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat. Add ground beef and season with garlic salt and cumin powder.
– Once meat is almost fully cooked (no more pink or red), add in garlic and onion and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
– (OPTIONAL) Add tomato bouillon powder and combine.
– Add sauce to meat, bring to a light boil then reduce temperature to a simmer until sauce thickens. Fold in potatoes.