Ingredients for Street style Chilli Chicken:
– Chicken – 500 gm (small pieces with bones)
– Salt- 3/4 tsp
– Pepper Powder- 1 tsp
– Soy Sauce- 1 tsp
– Ginger Garlic Paste- 1 tsp
– Corn Flour- 3 tbsp
– All Purpose Flour (Maida)- 1.5 tbsp
– Egg- 1
– Dark Soy Sauce- 2 tbsp
– Red Chilli Sauce- 2 tbsp
– Green Chilli Sauce- 2 tbsp
– Vinegar- 1 tsp
– Garlic, chopped- 1 tbsp
– Ginger, chopped- 1 tbsp
– Green Chillies, sliced- 4-5
– Onion, sliced- 1 small (60-70 gms)
– Green Capsicum (Bell Pepper), sliced- 1 medium (75 gms)
– Spring Onion Greens – 3 tbsp
– Corn Slurry- 1 tbsp cornflour mixed in 3-4 tbsp of water
– Refined Oil- 1.5 tbsp + oil for deep frying
– Wash, pat dry and cut the chicken pieces into 1 inch bite sized pieces.
– Marinate with the items indicated. Mix well to coat the chicken. Set aside for 30 mins.
– Chop the garlic, ginger & spring onion greens and slice the green chillies.
– Also slice the onion and capsicum (green bell pepper).
– To prepare the Corn slurry, add 3-4 tbsp of water to 1 tbsp of corn starch. Mix well and set aside. Mix it again just before adding to the wok.
– Heat oil in a pan or skillet for deep frying. Drop the battered chicken pieces side by side in hot oil to not overcrowd the pan. Do not stir for 1 min.
– Fry these in hot oil on medium heat till light brown. This should take around 7-8 mins. Repeat for the next batch.
– Now heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok and add the chopped garlic, ginger and the sliced green chillies. Give a stir and stir-fry on high heat for 15 secs. Now add the sliced onions, mix and fry for 1 min on medium high heat.
– Add the sliced capsicum, mix and continue to stir fry on high heat for 1 min.
– Now add the fried chicken pieces, give a stir and continue to stir fry on high heat for 1 min.
– Add all the sauces, mix and stir fry 1 min on high heat.
– Give a mix and continue to stir fry on medium high heat for 1-2 minutes till the sauce coats the chicken pieces.
– Now add the corn slurry and mix and fry on medium high heat for another minute.
– Garnish with spring onion greens and mix for 30 secs.
#chillichicken #streetstylechillichicken #chillichickenrecipe #chillichickendry #spicychillichicken #chickenrecipe #spiceeatschillichicken #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeats