Ingredients for Orange Chicken:
– Boneless Chicken thighs, cut into 1” pieces- 350 gms
For the Marination:
– Salt- 1/2 tsp
– White Pepper Powder- 1/2 tsp
– Egg- 1
– Corn Flour- 3.5 tbsp US spoon measure
Orange Chicken Sauce:
(Tbsp- tablespoon, tsp- teaspoon)
– Fresh Orange Juice- 1 US cup measure (240 ml)
– White Sugar- 1.5 tbsp
– Brown Sugar- 1/2 tbsp
– White Vinegar- 1.5 tbsp
– Dark Soy Sauce- 1 tsp
– Ginger, grated- 1/2 tsp
– Garlic, grated- 1/2 tsp
– Red Chilli flakes- 1/2 tsp
– Sesame Oil- 1 tsp
– Corn Slurry- 2 tsp corn flour mixed in 4 tbsp water
– Spring Onion Greens- 1 tbsp for garnish
– Oil for deep frying
– Cut the boneless chicken thighs into 1” pieces. Marinate with items specified. Mix well and set aside for 30 mins. After 30 mins add the corn flour and mix well to make it ready for frying.
– Take a small bowl and add all the ingredients specified for the sauce. Mix and set aside for use later. Make sure the sugar is dissolved before adding it to the wok later.
– Prepare the corn slurry and set aside. Stir it well again before adding to the wok.
– Chop the spring onion greens for garnish.
– Heat oil in a pan/wok for deep frying.
– Drop in the battered chicken pieces one at a time to not crowd the pan. Fry on medium heat for around 5-6 mins till golden. Remove and keep on a plate. Fry the rest in batches.
– Now take a wok and heat it.
– Mix the sauce once to make sure the sugar is dissolved and add it to the wok.
– Keep stirring it on medium heat for 2-3 mins till the sauce is cooked and starts thickening.
– Add the corn slurry, mix and cook it for a minute and then add the fried chicken pieces.
– Stir fry it on high heat for 1-2 mins till the chicken pieces are coated well with the sauce.
– Garnish with chopped spring onion greens and serve hot.
#orangechicken #pandaexpressorangechicken #orangechickenrecipe #chineseorangechicken