Ingredients for Chicken Hariyali Tikka:
– Chicken tikkas/ boneless cubes- 500 gms
For green paste:
– Fried onions- 2 small onions (100 gms)
– Green chillies- 2-3 nos.
– Coriander leaves chopped- 1 cup
– Mint leaves chopped- 1 cup
– Cashew nuts- 10-12 nos
– Thick curd/yogurt- 4 tbsp
– Salt- 1 tsp or to taste
– Pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
– Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
– Coriander powder- 1 tsp
– Cumin powder- 1/2 tsp
– Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp (Link to our Garam Masala Recipe: https://youtu.be/1trtejl8hwM)
– Ginger garlic paste- 2 tsp
– Green paste made earlier
– Fresh cream( optional)- 2 tbsp
Oil- 3 tbsp
– Wash the chicken tikka and pat dry.
– Slice the onions and fry till golden. Remove from oil & set aside.
– Chop the coriander leaves and pick the mint leaves.
– To prepare the green paste, take a blender and add the items mentioned above and lastly add the yogurt/curd. Blend to a thick greenish paste.
– Marinate the chicken tikkas/cubes with the items indicated. Mix well and set aside for 3-4 hrs.
– Heat oil in a frying pan.
– Add the marinated chicken tikkas side by side to not crowd the pan. Do it in batches if required.
– Fry on medium heat for 2 mins and turn on the other side. Continue to fry on medium heat for 2 mins on the other side.
– Continue to fry on low heat for 5 mins on each side( total another 10 mins) turning it to fry evenly.
– Remove when evenly brown and tender.
Ingredients for Masala Chicken Nuggets:
– Bite sized boneless chicken nuggets- 250 gms
To marinate with:
– Salt- 1/2 tsp
– Pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
– Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
– Fine chopped onions- 3 tbsp (40 gms)
– Chopped green chillies- 1.5 tbsp (3 green chillies)
– Gram flour (Besan)/ Chickpea flour mix- 3 tbsp mixed with 5 tbsp of water
– Egg white- of 1 egg
– Breadcrumbs- 1 cup or as required
– Oil for deep frying
– Fine chop one small onion (around 40 gms) and chop 3 green chillies (1.5tbsp)
– Take 3 tbsp of Gram flour (Besan) in a bowl. Add 5 tbsp water and mix to a smooth batter.
– Wash and pat dry the chicken fillets and cut into bite sized pieces. Add these into a bowl.
– Add all the ingredients for marination and mix well. Set aside for 1 hr.
– After 1 hr, add egg white of one egg and mix well.
– For breading, add 1 cup (or more as required) of breadcrumbs in a square glass dish.
– Mix the chicken pieces well and take out the chicken pieces one at a time and place on the breadcrumbs. Roll it well to fully coat the pieces. Set aside on a plate.
– Heat oil in a kadai/wok.
– Once the oil is medium hot, drop the breaded chicken nuggets one at a time and fry in batches, to not crowd the pan.
– Give a stir after around 1 minute, once the chicken pieces start floating to the top.
– Keep stirring to fry uniformly switching the heat between medium and low so that the pieces don’t get over fried.
– After another 4-5 mins, reduce heat and remove once golden brown and cooked through.
– Repeat the process for the next batch/es
#chickenhariyalitikka #chickentikka #chickenhariyalikebab #chickenkebab #masalachickennuggets #chickennuggets #spiceeats #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeatschicken