Today I’m making an easy Creamy garlic chicken recipe. This recipe is extremely versatile and can be turned into creamy garlic chicken pasta, creamy garlic chicken and rice, creamy garlic chicken and mushrooms, the list goes on! This one pot chicken recipe is perfect for weeknight as well as a meal prep option. You can also switch the chicken breast for chicken thighs or any other part. Give this a shot and it’s surely going to turn into your favourite quick dinner recipe!
2 large chicken breasts
5-6 cloves garlic (minced)
2 cloves garlic (crushed)
1 medium onion
1/2 cup chicken stock or water
1 tsp lime juice
1/2 cup heavy cream (sub fresh cream)
Salt and pepper (as needed)
*1 chicken stock cube (if using water)
• Why lime juice?
As wine is not used in this recipe, lime juice is added for acidity (sourness). Otherwise the sauce might seem too rich
• How to know if chicken is cooked?
Poke a fork at the thickest part. If it enters easily and the meat looks white, it’s done.
Use a food thermometer at the thickest part. When it reaches 165°F internal temperature, it’s done.
• When to add salt to the sauce?
Add salt towards the end as stock/stock cubes have added salt. I did not find the need to add more salt
• What else can be added to the dish?
Mushrooms, broccoli, bacon, spinach and parmesan cheese can also be added for additional flavor
• What to pair with the dish?
Pasta, steamed veggies, mashed potatoes, rice, couscous or crusty bread.
• Chicken stock can be substituted with white wine as well. Omit lime juice if using white wine
• The entire sauce needs to be cooked on low flame so as to prevent it from splitting
• Reduce the liquid before adding cream
• Add 1/4 cup parmesan cheese to add more flavor
Please like, comment and subscribe if you enjoyed this video!
Thank you for your support ♥️