HOW TO MAKE A LOADED CREAMY VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE TODAY!
LAY HO MA (how’s it going in Cantonese)! It’s going to be an epic day when you can cozy up to an uncomplicated but indulgent soup right in the comfort of your own home. Join me in this episode and learn how to make a deliciously creamy vegetable soup recipe today!
1 generous cup cashews
3 cups water
80g cremini mushrooms
2 plantbased sausages
drizzle + 2 tbsp avocado oil
2 pieces garlic
2 stalks celery
1 small carrot
1/2 red bell pepper
1 tsp salt
pepper to taste
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1L water or unsalted veggie stock
1/3 cup nutritional yeast
1 cup corn
pesto to serve (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 375F
2. Blend the cashews with 3 cups of water in a high powered blender until liquified (if you do not have a high powered blender, soak the cashews in water overnight)
3. Chop the broccoli into bite sized pieces. Slice the cremini mushrooms and plantbased sausages. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and toss with a dirzzle of avocado oil
4. Toss the veggies, then transfer onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Spread them out, then bake in the oven for 25-30min
5. Finely chop the onion, garlic, celery, and carrot. Dice the red bell pepper
6. Heat up a stock pot to medium high heat. Add 2 tbsp avocado oil followed by the onions and garlic. Sauté for 6-7min
7. Season with salt and pepper. Add the dried oregano, celery, and carrots. Sauté for another few minutes
8. Add the red bell pepper and sauté for another minute. Add the 1L of water (or unsalted vegetable stock). Add the nutritional yeast and give the pot a stir
9. Turn the heat up and bring to a boil. Then, turn the heat off and transfer in the roasted veggies. Pour in the cashew cream while stirring
10. Add the corn and turn the heat to medium. Give the pot a stir and warm up the soup for a few minutes
11. Plate the soup and garnish with a dollop of pesto to serve
If you enjoyed this episode and would love to see more, remember to like, comment, and subscribe so that you won’t miss a single episode!
Hong Kong born Canadian, Wil Yeung is an international photographer, filmmaker, entrepreneur, violinist, and YouTube chef. He immigrated to Canada when he was a young boy carrying with him his ability to speak Cantonese and some broken English. Much of his culinary aspirations stem from his background in the visual and musical art spaces. Whether you’re plant based or plant based curious, Wil believes that learning how to make food can really change your life and of those around you.
STAY IN THE LOOP ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
Wil’s Recipes on Instagram: @yeungmancooking
Wil’s Recipes on Facebook: fb.me/yeungmancooking.com
Wil’s Photography + Video on Instagram: @wyphotography.com
Wil’s Photography + Video on Facebook: wyphotography
You are watching: