Ingredients for Chicken Karahi:
(Tsp- Teaspoon; Tbsp- Tablespoon )
Chicken – 500 gms (small curry cut pieces with bones)
For frying chicken:
– Salt- 1 tsp
– Red Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
– Pepper Powder- 1/4 tsp
– 4 tbsp oil
– Red Chilli Powder-1 tsp
– Black Pepper Powder- 1/4 tsp
– Garam Masala Powder- 1/2 tsp
– Ginger Garlic paste- 1.5 tsp
– Onions, sliced-2 medium (150 gms)
– Green Chillies, sliced- 3
– Coriander leaves fine chopped- 2 tbsp+ 2 tbsp for garnish
– Red Tomatoes, sliced- 3 medium (around 200 gms )
– Salt – 1/4 tsp (while frying onion)+ a pinch to season at the end
– Ginger julienned – 1 tbsp
– Butter – 1 tbsp
– Wash and pat dry (or strain the water) the chicken pieces
– Fine slice the onions and slice the red tomatoes.
– Slice the green chillies, fine chop the coriander leaves and julienne the ginger.
– In a karahi, heat 4 tbsp oil and then add the chicken pieces. Also add the salt and spice powders specified while frying. Fry for 5 mins on high heat till browned. Now cover & cook on low heat for another 10 mins.
– Remove from heat and set aside.
– In the same oil add the sliced onions and fry on medium heat for 8-9 mins. Add 1/4 tsp salt while frying. Now add the ginger garlic paste and fry on low heat for 2 mins.
– Add the spice powders & a splash of water and fry on low heat for 2 mins.
– Now add the fried chicken pieces, sliced green chillies and fine chopped coriander leaves. Mix and sear for 2-3 mins till well combined and then add the sliced tomatoes. Add a pinch of salt.
– Mix and fry for 2 mins. Now cover & cook on low heat for 10 mins
– Add the ginger juliennes and chopped coriander leaves. Fry 2 mins on low heat.
– Lastly add 1 tbsp butter. Mix and serve.
#chickenkarahi #chickenkarahirestaurantstyle #chickenkarahirecipe #chickenkadai #chickenrecipe #spiceeatschicken #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeats