When it comes to weeknight chicken recipes, chicken fajitas always tops my list. This almost authentic chicken fajita recipe is the best I’ve made so far. Tried to make this as authentic as possible although I could not find ancho chile anywhere ☹️ so substituted with chilli flakes instead. If you can get your hands on it, do you that instead.
This recipe is perfect for meal prep as you can make so many other dishes with it. I love stuffing it into a tortilla, wrapping it in lettuce or enjoy it over a bowl of warm buttered rice. Trust me, once you give it a try, you’ll want to eat it every week too!
500g/1 lb boneless chicken breast or thighs
3 bell peppers (I used red, yellow and green)
1 onion (red or yellow)
1/4 cup cooking oil
4 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
5 black peppercorns
1 tsp oregano
1 tbsp red chilli flakes (use ancho chille if available)
1/4 cup lemon juice
• Prepare a large batch so you have leftovers because leftovers taste even better!
• Pair it with tortilla, salsa, sour cream and guac/over rice/as is
• Marinade it for an hour if you’re not short on time
• Chicken thighs are better for tender meat
• You can use a grill pan if you don’t have a skillet to get nice charring around the meat and veggies
If you enjoyed this video, please LIKE, COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE. Your support means a lot ❤️
Shot and edited on OnePlus 6
#mexicanchicken #chickenfajita #onepanrecipe